This year, Chick-fil-A Seminar was in San Antonio, Texas. The seminar was Feb. 20 - 23 but my parents were kind enough to let us stay an extra day. I was really worried about how this year would go because I got a horrible ear infection the week before our trip. My ENT told me flying could actually cause my eardrum to rupture which would be pretty miserable for several days. She put me on Predisone which meant I could not take any ibuprofen so I could only take Tylenol for pain (which really does not touch it). We did not have a direct flight so I was really worried about having to take off and land twice with a bad ear. This was not very good news especially since we had been looking forward to this trip for an entire year!
Well, the Lord was very good to me and spared my ear from any pain or rupture. The flights went well, I did fine with the Prednisone (no side effects other than a huge appetite which is fine when traveling), and we had an awesome week! Seminar is usually jammed pack with activities, meetings, late nights, etc. but this year it was much more relaxed and we had a lot of free time. We had a great time hanging out with old friends, our siblings, and each other. Here are some highlights of the trip...
We were greatly surprised to find out we got a hospitality suite for our hotel room! It was just pure luck and the room was amazing. We had a huge bedroom, 2 bathrooms, kitchenette, dining area, den with sofa and flat screen TV, and a wall full of windows overlooking the city. Another view of our suite.
Truett Cathy (founder of CFA) and his son, Dan Cathy (COO of CFA) talking to us at seminar. It is always great to hear from Truett Cathy because he has so much wisdom and has such a big heart for God and people.
We worshipped with Third Day!
This is the conference center where our seminar meetings were held. We stayed at the Westin Hotel right next door.
Abby and I being silly at the Alamo. It was so nice to have a lot of quality time with Joe and Abby and no kids in tow.
Tony and I in front of the Alamo.
We spent a lot of time down on the Riverwalk eating, running, strolling and taking a riverbarge cruise! We had some amazing Brisket and Texas Toast at County Line Restaurant, Homemade Guacamole and great steaks at Boudros Restaurant and yummy Tex Mex at Casa Rio.
Tony and I on the riverbarge cruise.
Celebrating Truett Cathy's 90th Birthday.
Having a great time with Lew and Amy at Mi Tierra Restaurant. Lew and Tony were college roommates and no one can make Tony laugh harder than Lew.
We had quite the adventure at Mi Tierra, from the cab drive there to being seranaded by a Marachi Band that charged us $6.00 to hear them. The food was great, the decorations were interesting and the company was even better. We are thankful for Lew and Amy's friendship!
This is the bakery at Mi Tierra. It was cheap and yummy!
The comedian, Tim Hawkins, performing for us. He is hilarious.
An I-Band performing for us. They were very good.
San Fernando Cathedral which is the oldest, active cathedral in the United States. Davy Crockett and several other Alamo war heroes are buried here.



No comments:
Post a Comment