On the weekend of March 30 - April 1, Riley and I (this is Tony writing) went to Camp Seagull for our Y Princess camping trip. We headed down Friday after school and stopped for a good BBQ buffet at King's BBQ. Riley saw me eating a chicken leg and thought it was a chicken wing. She ran up to the buffet and got one and then doused it with Texas Pete and loved it. On Saturday, we started early looking for clues on a treasure hunt. After breakfast we headed to the canoes and then to the snake show. Riley was eager to do what her sister, Regan, had done a couple years before. Riley held a Milk Snake and then helped hold a BIG python. We had a good bit of rain on Saturday but Riley had a great attitude and we made the most of it, riding around on our bikes, running through the rain, playing at our cabin and waiting in line for the zip line. The zip line is the top activity each weekend. It is about 40 feet high and goes over a pond, ending with a splash in the pond. I forgot to mention that it wasn't warm this weekend. Highs were in the 60s. That water was COLD but we had fun. The rain cleared out in time for us to have the big bonfire and see a fireworks show. Sunday morning, after breakfast and devotion, Riley and I ran a 5k race. She finished very strong. I think she may have even beat me. After that we did canoeing again followed by shooting BBs which we did a couple times. After a good brunch (Riley's favorite meal each year) we packed up and headed home. It was a wonderful time for Riley and I together. She was complimented by a couple dads on how good of an attitude she has and how she jumps right in to whatever is happening. They were right! She has taught me the value of a good attitude. As much fun as we had, I think she and I both looked forward to getting home to a nice bed and clean bathrooms. :)

The first night, after unloading and setting up our cabin we had an ice cream social.
Here is Riley in her bunk.
Our first morning, we got up at 6:30 to hunt for some prizes and clues to a pirates treasure map. Here is the sunrise over the Neuse River.
We had a good bit of rain over the weekend. Here is Riley going after the pot of gold. Or, she may be running toward the next clue as the rain starts.
My rowing partner. She loved going on the canoes and was very eager to help row.
Making a bead necklace.
Riley was so proud of herself after holding this Milk Snake. I was impressed as well.
Our tribe of dads and daughters.
Riley out front during our 5K run.
I'm coming, I'm coming....
No comments:
Post a Comment