Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Spring Break - Day 5

Today we went to Fernbank Museum of Natural Sciences with Grandpa and Grandma and then we all met up with Mama Cook and Papa Doug at the Varsity for dinner.  We all enjoyed the museum very much and had a great time together.
Reece missed a whole week of Kindergarten because they have a different Spring Break than her sisters.  She would have been studying Dinosaurs in school so she learned about them at the museum instead. 
This was a neat ultralight plane that you could pretend to fly and you were trying to help these whooping cranes (on the screen) to migrate to their wintering grounds. 
The girls pretending to be turtles.
My Indian Princess name when I was a little girl was "walking turtle."  The girls and Tony have always found this very funny and make fun of me that I am slow.  So, Regan insisted I pose for this picture.  Dad, why did I choose that name when we were in Indian Princesses together??  I should have chose running rabbit. :)
Grandma is trying to see if she is stronger then an Orangutan.
My turn to try it out, I was stronger than I thought but still not stronger than an Orangutan.
Reece posing with these Dinosaur bushes.
Riley and Regan making big bubbles.
Reece trying to make some big bubbles.
Good one Regan!
This was a children's play area that the adults found just as fun as the kids!  This stream would show fish swimming by when you stood on the water.  You can't see them in this picture but they were there.  It was really neat and Grandpa and Grandma were fascinated by it. 
Grandpa trying to "catch" a fish. :)
This was a neat tree fort that you could climb in/up and run all over.  The kids enjoyed this as well as Tony and I.
Grandpa and Grandma playing again. :)  Now they are looking for bats.
This was a cool ocean themed area.  They had computers that you could play games on or learn about different animals in the ocean.

No comments: