Saturday, November 12, 2011

Celebrating 102 years....

According to Reece I turned 102 years old on Nov. 1st!  On my birthday she got into the car on the way home from school all excited.  She said that she and her friend, Annabeth, had a surprise for me.  They made instruments in school (a drum and a flute) and wanted to sing to me.  So, they began to "play" their instruments and sang to me.  This is the song they sang...

"Happy Birthday to you, you are one hundred and two."

What???  They started laughing hysterically.  I am glad someone thought it was funny.  Later, when I told Riley what Reece sang to me she made a different version that I liked much better.  It went like this...

"Happy Birthday to you, I luuooove you,
 If you weren't alive, I would not survive."

Sweet Riley!!!!  I can always count on her to brighten my day!  I did have a wonderful day.  The girls made me cards and lavished me with hugs and kisses, Tony took me out to lunch to get wings and then I had to work that night and my co-worker, Ms. Patsy, spoiled me with gifts and cards.  She had the kid's night kids make me a huge card and most of them signed it.  I also got lots of hugs from my kid's night kids.  It was a special night.  When I came home Tony and the girls surprised me with a cookie cake.  It was a great night.  I am blessed with such a wonderful family! 
 This is the neat candy bouquet Ms. Patsy made me.
   Tony's present to me was an upgraded phone, iPhone 4s, I am having a blast with it.  When Regan found out I was getting a phone you can talk to she replied, "great, now you won't have to talk to yourself anymore."  Riley then asked "does it have Angry Birds and Skype?"  I replied, "yes" and they all cheered.  Riley asked, "Can I skype Chaz (her dog friend) in Africa?"

No comments: