For Father's Day this year we surprised Joe, Tony and Doug with a gift to do the Nascar ride along experience at Charlotte Motor Speedway. We finally found a date that worked with everyone and met Doug and Cook down in Charlotte on October 8th. We toured the Rick Hendrick race shop/museum first and then had some wings at the "Quaker Steak and Lube" restaurant. After eating wings, we headed to Charlotte Motor Speedway so our men could test their stomachs going 160+ mph. They had a blast and their stomachs did well too.
Reece trying out a race car seat at the Rick Hendrick Museum.
Regan fit nicely in the seat.
It may look like I fit nicely but I was very cramped and clostrophobic. I was really thinking "get me out of this seat and quick!" I don't know how race car drivers sit in these seats for over 3 hours.Tony is thinking, "I can't believe I got in this seat and now how do I get out??" He did manage to get out but it was pretty funny watching him.
Lizzie getting a turn behind the wheel. Love the tongue sticking out...
Mama Cook is ready to race...
All the Fernandez boys waiting in line to register. Sorry Josh, not old enough yet but your day will come soon enough. He wanted to go super fast too!
Reece and Mama Cook passing the time together. I love Reece's silly face.
Getting a little help...
Riley is not too sure about her Papa Doug, Uncle Joe and Daddy racing. She is very concerned about them. She has watched too many Nascar wrecks on TV.
Regan and Daddy looking silly together.
LOVE this photo!
Tony is up next...
Tony very excited, can you tell??
Getting into the car...
All set to go...
Tony riding around the track at 160+ mph
A very special moment between Father and Son.
Papa Doug getting into the race car.
The smile on his face says it all!
Tony and his Dad talking about their great rides.
Joe getting ready to go...
Another big smile...
I had to post this funny picture of my adorable niece, Lizzie. She is afraid of loud noises but we found a solution...



No comments:
Post a Comment