Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Oh the things kids will say and do!!!

We had many funny moments today, thanks to Reece and Riley.  I was at Riley's school today and had a moment to browse the halls and check out the artwork outside Riley's room.  I was looking at some pictures her class had drawn and sentences they had completed.  I was reading "A doghouse is a house for a dog," "A tree is a house for an owl," "A church is a house for ants...." what???  Then, I looked down and lo and behold that was Riley's sentence!!!! :)  I asked Riley about it on the way home and she replied, "Yes, my teacher wondered why I put this and I told her because my church has ants!"  Oh boy the things your children will tell.  The good news is we solved the ant problem at our church so "A church is no longer a house for ants!" :)  Riley had another moment that made me chuckle today.  I went for a run today and Riley joined me on her bike.  We were in the business park behind our neighborhood and Riley was seeing a lot of trash on the side of the road.  Her comment was, "Wow, there is a lot of litter out here, look there is a wrapper, and there is a bottle over there, and look there is paper, why can't people just throw their trash in trashcans!"  This really annoys her!  Later in our run/ride, a cat ran out in the street ahead of us and then darted away into the bushes when we got closer.  Riley said, "Mommy, do you think that cat is a stray?  I said, "I doubt it, it looked pretty normal and clean."  Riley replied, "But I did not see a collar on the cat so it is either a stray or the owner did not put a collar on it, that is not good!"  Aunt Kate, I know you will be proud that she actually learned something about stray animals this summer. :)  I am very thankful for Riley's compassion and her appreciation for God's creation.  And lastly, there is Reece's moment of the day!  Riley and Reece were playing outside and Riley came running in to tell me Reece peed outside.  I went to ask Reece what happened and she replied, "I had to go really badly and could not hold it so I just went in the woods."  Riley then stuck up for her and said, "don't worry she did not get it on her clothes and the gates to the backyard were closed."  And I thought I did not have any boys, Riley and Reece sure come close to having boys sometimes. :)  I told Tony about it and we both got a good laugh out of it.  We just hope our neighbors did not see her.   What a day this has been!!!!

No comments: