Monday, September 20, 2010

Happy 13th Anniversary!!!

Tony and I's 13th Wedding Anniversary is today.  It has been a GREAT 13 years filled with wonderful memories, lots of happiness, lots of laughter, and lots of love.  Tony, I am so blessed to have you as my husband and I look forward to growing old with you!  You complete me!!!!! :)  We had a wonderful weekend celebrating together.  The girls spent the night with the Carlson's so we had the night to ourselves.  We went to dinner at Tobacco Road Restaurant which is in the outfield of the Durham Bulls Ballpark.  We sat on the patio and watched batting practice while we ate.  It was really neat and there were lots of home run balls coming up on the patio.  Unfortunately, we were not one of the lucky ones to have a homerun ball land on our table.  Along with the great atmosphere and good company, the food was really good too.  I ate way too much!  After dinner, we headed to the Durham Bulls game.  The Bulls were down 2-1 in the championship against the Columbus Clippers.  We were hoping the Bulls would tie it up that night but unfortunately that was not the case.  The Bulls lost 13-2.  It was an ugly game.  We left at the 7th inning (it was 10-2 at that point) and walked around the American Tobacco District which is so pretty at night.  Then, we went on a quest for a dessert place.  We found out that most dessert places in Durham close at 9 pm on Friday nights.  We drove all over Durham and finally decided to stop at Harris Teeter and get a cookie cake.  It was a very fun night.  The next morning, we slept in and then went for an 8 mile run on the southern Tobacco Trail.  I have to say we actually enjoyed it.  I know that sounds crazy but it was a beautiful morning, the trail is pretty and it was fun to accomplish a big feat together.  This was the longest either of us has run in quite a while.  We joked about running 13 miles for our 13 Anniversary but that did not happen.  After our run, we grabbed a quick bite to eat and headed to get the kiddos.  Our fun weekend did not end there.  We got to take a long nap on Saturday afternoon and then we headed out to Orange County Speedway for some racing.  The girls and I had told Tony on Father's Day that his gift from us was a trip to O.C.S.  But, the summer was so busy we never got a chance to go.  So, we finally went and we had such a great night.  The weather was perfect, actually a bit chilly, and the races were filled with cautions which is what I like.  The only problem with a lot of cautions is that we did not get home until 11:30 pm.  But, the kids did great and really enjoyed themselves.  I think all the snacks we brought helped!!!  Regan really got into it and asked Tony to go sit along the fence with her.  They got to witness a wreck along the wall right down from where they were sitting.  I was thankful it was not right in front of them.  It was a fun night!  We ended our weekend with a great day at church and sleeping a lot on Sunday.  It was a wonderful weekend celebrating and I am so thankful for Tony and my girls. 

Here is the cookie cake Tony and I bought and then decorated with more icing.
Riley and Reece went on the track before the race with Daddy.  The driver of this car offered to let them sit in the driver's seat but they declined!  This car ended up winning it's race and we told the girls they could have sat in the winner's seat!!! 
Racing, ear muffs, and starbursts what more could a kid ask for??
Regan and Daddy enjoying their view by the fence.  I love this photo!!!
Wreck!!!
Reece having fun playing in the bleachers.  She enjoyed going up and down them.
Really LOVE this photo.  Daddy and all his future racing buddies...

1 comment:

Amy said...

Happy Anniversary! Sounds like you had a good time :)