Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Riley's new appliance...

Riley went to the dentist on Tuesday, Dec. 1 and got her new dental appliance put in. They put a silver band around one tooth that looks similar to a crown and then they attached a wire going back to the last molar. They also place this little contraption on the back molar that looks like a button and then put a braces type band on it which stretches across to the tooth in front of it. This appliance will help the back molar straighten up. Riley did very well while they put the appliance in. There were a few tears but she stayed opened and did not flinch. They used many of the same tools they used to use on me when putting on braces. So, it brought back a lot of memories. I know first hand a lot of what they did really hurt because I have been through it. So, it was hard for me to watch knowing what poor Riley was going through. The dentist said she would have a lot of soreness but she did not complain about it. She said she felt fine. So, she is a trooper. She will go back every 2 -3 weeks to have the band replaced. I would take a photo of the appliance but she is pretty self conscious of it so I don't want to make a big deal of it. You can't really see it unless she smiles really big or laughs hard.

No comments: