Friday, December 11, 2009

Not liking Riley's dental appliance....

Riley got her dental appliance placed on Dec. 1st. They told her not to eat anything extremely chewy. She has been doing great watching what she eats. We made it a whole week and then the fun started. Riley's e-chain (this is what they call the rubberbands they put on braces and appliances) broke 8 days after we got it. So, we had to go back to the dentist to have it replaced. We were careful that night and had pancakes and eggs for dinner. I noticed that night when I was about to brush her teeth that it had broken again! So, we went back to the dentist the next day and this time the dentist put a new one on and he put a stronger one on. When we went to brush that night I noticed not only was it broke but it was completely gone! The dentist was closed today so we will have to go back on Monday and find out what is going on!!!! This is ridiculous. I told them I thought her bite was causing it to break but they did not think so. I am starting to think I am right because she has not been eating hard foods. So, hopefully they can figure out a solution so this does not keep happening. :( Poor Riley. She has been such a trooper.

No comments: