Ok, so the rain is really dampening VBS. I guess I should not complain b/c sun and HOT temperatures are in the forecast for the next two days. BUT, today was CRAZY to say the least. I WAS having fun in Carpentry but today ---- well, not so much. When I arrived at church my wonderful youth helper was already setting up inside b/c it looked like it was about to rain outside. I was so relieved to see him already setting up! But, to my dismay I was told, "No, we are going to be outside today." I then replied, "you do know there is a 50% chance of rain today and when I left home this morning I checked the radar and a green blob was heading our way." Well, that did not matter - just some rain - not going to hurt us right?? Well, our craft is the only craft out from under the tent b/c we need lots of room to spread out wood and hammers, etc.
So, my youth helper and I started hussling to get everything outdoors (which is alot of stuff and VERY heavy). We hauled a TON of wood outside. We got all set up and our first group of kids starting arriving as well as RAIN!!!!! Imagine that?!?! Who would have thought?? So, we worked for 30 mins. with the first group out in the rain. We (the carpenters) were soaked and no kids wanted to come to our trade. I don't blame them. We were hussling around trying to get enough tarps to cover all our wood so it would not get wet. We already have a ton of wood that is mildewed. So, after that 30 mins. was finally up and only about 8 kids did our trade, I was told,"Kaylyn we are moving back inside now and you have 10 mins. until the next groups come!" So, off we go hussling again to get everything back inside (all the wood and a HEAVY table that the youth worker and I carried the whole way with all the wood supplies on top of it by ourselves!). Every muscle in my body aches right now - muscles I did not even know I had. So, we got everything in and somewhat organized right before the next wave of kids. Then, the rest of the morning we were bombarded by kids wanting to do carpentry. We ended up doing about 50 kids total today. That is a lot of hammering and sanding. We have gone through a ton of supplies so we only have to do Carpentry one more day - YAY!!!!! So, needless to say, I am ready for the SUN and the end of the week!!!!! ;) I really love VBS but I don't like it when it is this chaotic. I am really thanking my friend right now that encouraged me not to be Marketplace Coordinator this year. Thank you L!!! Today convinced me I don't ever want to be Marketplace Coordinator although then I could call the shots. ;) I do pray tomorrow will be much better and I still hope for some time to take photos so I can post all the fun things the kids are doing.
Wednesday, June 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment