Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Now This Is Summer...

Finally our first "real" day of summer! The last 5 days have been hectic to say the least and non-stop busyness. My idea of summer is sleeping in, not living in my van, no schedule, and warmth. Other than warmth, I have not gotten to enjoy the other 3 things, until this morning. The girls let me sleep in until 9:00, they made their own breakfast and Riley "unloaded" the dishwasher all by herself. When she told me this I thought daddy had helped her. But, then she showed me and I realized she truly did it all by herself because all the dishes were stacked on the counter since she can't reach the cabinets. :) I thought it was so sweet of her to think of it on her own and to do it all by herself. Good job Riley!!!! Today we don't have much planned other than a fun gathering with Aunt Abby and Lizzie eating ice cream and then Gymnastics class for Riley this afternoon. Yay! Now, if we could just keep our schedule like this that would be great - but not sure that will happen.
check out all the clean dishes stacked up behind Riley. :)

1 comment:

Heather said...

I love this!! I just have to say . . .in my house, those dishes would have just been tossed in whatever cabinet the child could reach. Then we get to go on a treasure hunt the rest of the week to find them :-)