Reece had her 3 yr. old well check this past week. She has grown and is now in the 50% for weight and height. She used to be in the 20% for these categories. So, many of you have been saying she looks older and bigger and she is indeed!
Reece was an absolute hoot at the appointment - imagine that!!?? ;) They TRIED to do the eye chart with her but that was hilarious. The nurse and I had a hard time keeping a straight face. The nurse told Reece to cover her eye with the eye cover and that was funny. She kept peeking out and using both eyes. I finally had to stand there and help her hold it so she did not cheat. Then, she was playing with us. The nurse would ask her to read the top line of shapes and she went right across and said them all. So, we knew she knew her shapes. Then, the next line she could not get them without a lot of prompting. So, we were wondering if she could see them. But, then the next smaller line she would get them all again. She was being so sporadic and we think she was just playing. When she would not answer she would just stand there smiling at the nurse. So, the nurse finally just gave up and said "I think her eyes are fine but we will just try again next year." When the doctor reviewed the chart and saw the eye test results she said out loud, "vision normal, question mark, Miss Reece TRIED." So, that is what they had to put on Reece's preschool health form. :) Anyway, the rest of the appointment went fine. Reece was very good at answering questions and cooperating for the doctor. She was very happy to find out she did not need any shots because she was up-to-date on all of them. The doctor did detect some wheezing upon blowing out air so we are still suspecting she has mild asthma like Regan. :( She will be going back to the ENT for a follow up in June and we will see if they think she needs her adenoids out. Reece's pediatrician is still thinking that would be a good thing to have done.
When we got home I told Tony about the eye test. So, he tried to test her eyes himself. He stood far away and held up objects and asked her what they were. She got them all right. Then, he held up some fingers and did it. Then, I tried from even further away. I started with two fingers and she got that right and then I held up 5 fingers and I said, "Reece how many am I holding up now?" She responded by saying, "A LOT!!!" We just fell out laughing. Such a comedian. So, here is hoping she has her daddy's eyes and not mine!!!!
Monday, April 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment