Wednesday, April 15, 2009

A Must Know For All Parents...

My friend brought to my attention a wonderful website to create online chore charts for kids. It is FREE and incredibly EASY. My girls sat with me and we customized a chart for each of them. They get to pick out their own chart theme, stickers for the chart, rewards, point system, etc. and then they can go and update their stickers as they perform chores. My kids are addicted after one day and so am I. Yesterday, they spent all afternoon cleaning, helping me, being on their best behavior and looking around for ways to earn more stickers. My house was peaceful, clean, and happy yesterday. I am just praying this momentum continues. I love that the chart not only has chores but behaviors (such as listening, sharing, no tantrums, respecting, good manners, no whining, etc.)

I recommend this site to all parents. It only takes a few minutes to set up and then it is easy for the kids to learn how to get on the site and add their stickers. My kids are already pros at it after one day. I LOVE IT!!!! Thanks Heather for sharing this site with me.

www.goalforit.com

1 comment:

Heather said...

Don't you love it? My kids are still up to "good deeds!" Molly lost her "no whining" sticker yesterday and it made her upset with herself! I'd say the purpose is being served! So glad your girls like it too! I think when word gets out about it, more and more people will use it because it is SO easy!
And you are NOT a lame mom for having a quiet spring break at home. I NEVER did anything when it was just Griffin in school. And, after the crazy fun week we had last week, i'm wishing i had stayed home more and not gone gone gone all the time. I'll try to post the rest tonight or tomorrow!
Take care.