Friday, July 3, 2009

Summer trip to Georgia - Day 1

We went down to Georgia last week (June 20 - June 24) to see Tony's family and then headed up to Lebanon, Tennessee for a reunion with my Mom's side of the family. It was a good trip. We did a ton of things and took over 500 photos!!! We also have a new camera so that may explain all the photos. :)

The first day in Georgia was Father's Day. We went to church with Tony's parents and then came back home for lunch. We then ventured up to North Georgia to a country store called, "Goats on the Roof." Doug and Cook have been several times and have told us about it. They actually have goats on the roof of the store. The kids enjoyed it and we also enjoyed homemade ice cream while we were there. On the way home we stopped off at an overlook of Tallulah Gorge so we could show the girls and tell them Mommy and Daddy's funny story about Tallulah Gorge. The funny story is during the first year of Tony and I's marriage we took a trip up to Tallulah Gorge and Amicolola Falls. We hiked all the way down Tallulah Gorge (probably a mile down or so) and when we started heading back up I saw a snake under a rock that I almost stepped on. That freaked me out so I started running. Then, I saw another snake under a rock and then another and that was it for the running, I was now sprinting up Tallulah Gorge. I remember my legs shaking something fierce and my heart pounding yet I kept running as fast as I could. Tony was terrified because he thought I would surely fall and also because he was having to chase after me. We literally sprinted up the whole gorge. The funny thing is we were probably more in danger of running up the Gorge then in getting bit by a snake. But, you could not tell me that at the time. Too bad my running coach never tried the snake tactic. I would have broken world records. :)
Inside the fudge/ice cream shop with a stuffed bearEnjoying homemade ice creamA goat on the roof
Goat playing peek-a-booPapa Doug and the girls feeding the goatsOverlook of Tallulah Gorge

No comments: