Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Grandparent's Day...

Friday, May 1, was Grandparent's Day at Trinity. There was an assembly, a reception and then we got to tour Regan's classroom. Papa Doug and Mama Cook (Tony's parents) were in town for this special day. Regan's class recited a very cute poem called "Hurry, Grandma, Hurry!" By: Jack Prelutsky (see below), they sang "Old Dan Tucker" and square danced to "Old Dan Tucker." It was very lively. We will be going to a family reunion (my Mom's side) in Tenn. in June and we always square dance so Regan will be ready to square dance with her Grandpa (who loves to dance). At the end of the assembly, grades 1-5 sang "Who Will Be A Witness" and "Keep Your Lamps Trimmed and Burning." It was very good and gave me chills to see all the children praising God in such a glorious way. Papa Doug and Mama Cook enjoyed seeing Regan's classroom and hearing and seeing what she has been learning about this month (frogs, butterflies, chicks, insects, spiders, multiplication and writing stories).


HURRY, GRANDMA, HURRY!
Hurry, Grandma, hurry,
Grandma look at me,
I'm right side up, I'm upside down,
I'm swinging from a tree.
I'm jumping like a squirrel,
I think that I can fly--
Grandma please don't worry,
Grandma please don't cry.

Hurry, Grandma, hurry,
see what I can do,
I'm roller-skating backwards
across the avenue,
Here's a lucious little bug,
I think I'll take a bite--
Grandma stop your screaming,
everythings all right.

Hurry, Grandma, hurry,
Grandma watch me please,
I'm climbing up a ladder,
I'm dangling from my knees,
I found this giant spider
that was stuck in gobs of paint,
Grandma take a closer look--
whatever made you faint?

By: Jack Prelutsky
Mama Cook and Papa Doug reading a story Regan wrote about frogs.

No comments: