Today we woke up to a beautiful, snowy day. We got about 3" last night and it was gorgeous this morning. The girls were so excited to get another snow this winter since the first snow we had they were all sick. They lived it up today! They went out this morning and played with their neighbor/friend, Drew Carlson. They had fun throwing snowballs at each other, sledding, eating snow and playing on the snow covered swingset. Tony had to go to work but he got a break mid morning to go find some icemelt and the only places that had it was in Hillsborough. So, he stopped by for about 30 mins. and we had a big snowball fight. Drew and Tony had fun being boys together. Then, daddy had to go back to work. :(
This afternoon, the girls wanted to go back out and try to make a snowman. But, the snow was just not packing well. Daddy came home and we had another massive snowball fight. Tony and I were our competitive selves and got really into it. We were like two kids again. We had so much fun. I was laughing so hard my sides hurt. Tony had gotten me several times near the head/face so I got him back with a huge, ice chunk from the road. But, then he retaliated by putting me in a slushy ditch. :) We are such kids! I am paying for it tonight b/c I did something to my back. I guess we are kids at heart still but not so much physically. ;) The girls got a kick out of watching us. They were helping me get daddy. It was so fun having him home this afternoon to enjoy it with us.
The older girls went in the backyard after our big snowball fight and they played by themselves until 6:30 pm. They had a blast. They did not want to come in. Regan kept saying this may be their last snow of the winter. I am glad they got a good snow before spring comes. It was so beautiful. We were examining some of the flakes with Regan's magnifying glass today and they were so amazing. Regan commented that she is so amazed all the flakes are different. I said, "yes, just like fingerprints - no two are exactly alike." I told Regan it makes us see how amazing God is that he made each of us so unique and different. She then said, "Yes, God is amazing and very creative." AMEN!!!! What beauty he has given us in his creation!

It was neat how the wind created this neat snow effect on the trees and fencing.



Riley and Reece sledding.
Regan and Riley eating the snow. They loved the snow. Regan said it was like eating cold, cotton candy. I promise I fed them breakfast this morning!!
I am glad I had the camera so Tony could not throw this snowball at me. :)
Tony and Drew (a neighbor/friend) throwing snowballs at each other.
Regan and Riley found a hiding place from all of daddy's snowballs.
Riley found another hiding place.
Regan chillin' on the swing (literally).
The girls were pulling icicles off the tree fort and were eating them. YUCK! ;)
Reece shows me her "icicle" (which is actually a stick). Luckily she did not try to eat hers.
Tony is throwing a snowball at Regan and I. See how the snow is just crumbling. It did not pack well at all. Check out the clouds behind Tony. We had a random band of snow move through around 5:00 and gave us some more flurries. This is when we were analyzing the snowflakes with Regan's magnifying glass.
Saying goodbye to the snow. Hopefully, until next year. We are ready for Spring now!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment