Saturday, March 21, 2009

Flipping for Friday and Fun with Fire...

Yesterday was a pretty day so we decided to kick off our weekend with some backyard fun and a bonfire. Riley was doing a circus act for us. She was playing on the swingset and got on the A frame and hoisted herself up onto the trapeze bar. She then lowered down to her knees and hung upside down and then flipped her legs over and landed on the ground. She was making mommy nervous. So, I made sure I was spotting her as she continued to do it over and over again. I told Tony we definitely have Riley in the right sport - Gymnastics.
We then enjoyed a nice bonfire and roasted hotdogs and made smores. YUM! The girls had fun throwing old Christmas tree branches into the fire and watching them go up in flames. Unfortunately, I did not get that on camera. The fire got pretty big. It was also neat to see Hershey wrappers melting in the fire - the girls were fascinated with how fast they shriveled up.

No comments: