Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Snow Can Perk A Child Up....

Yesterday, Reece was crying out at 5:30 am. She had a fever and felt miserable. I took her downstairs to get some medicine. We had left the blinds open in our den and the motion light on our back deck was on b/c of the snow. Reece saw the snow and immediately perked up. She YELLED "Oh wow it is snowing, look Mommy there is snow, wow it is snowing, can I make a snow angel?" She was SOOOO excited. I did not think I would ever get her away from the window. I did finally get Motrin in her and put her back to bed. Luckily, she did not wake the whole house up.

Part II of the story: Last night as I was putting Reece to bed, she asked out of the blue "What are the lights on for?" I replied, "What lights?" "The lights outside in the snow?" I said, "Reece were you looking out your window?" She got a sheepish grin and said, "Uh Huh!" She must have been looking out the window when I put her back to bed at 5:45 am. Who knows how long she was up in her room watching the snow. No wonder she was tired and did not wake up again until 10:00 am.

No comments: