Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Put it in the box...

Tony came home today and told the kids he had a Chick-fil-A Waffle Fry box for each of them (for those of you who aren't familiar w/ these - they are great packing boxes and pretty good size). We have been having some problems with the girls leaving their toys out lately and so we told them if they are left out they are going in a box for a month. Tony told them he also wanted them to think of toys they don't think they need anymore or don't play w/ much and put them in their box and if they don't miss them after a month then we are going to donate them, sell them in a garage sell or give them to Cousin Lizzie.

So, I came home from working at Kid's Night tonight and this is what I found:

Regan's box was empty -- our little pack rat!!! Actually, most of her toys get past down to her sisters. But, she does like to hold onto things!

Riley's box had two sets of Dora Explorer books that Reece LOVES and reads almost everyday. When I asked Riley why she had those in the box she replied, "I am over Dora now and don't read those anymore and I don't want them." I said, "Reece LOVES those books and technically they are hers now!" We can't put those in the box. That was the only things in her box!

Reece's box had ALL her favorite toys. I asked Tony if she had gotten in trouble for not putting them away. He said, "No, she put them in there." I don't think Reece gets this game!!!! She probably just thought it was fun throwing all her toys into a box. Wait until she finds out they will be gone for a month. Tony replied "Yes, that is why I have not done anything w/ her box yet."

So, not quite sure this "In the box" game is going to work. But, sounds like great punishment! :)

No comments: