Saturday, August 18, 2012

Marathon Monday....

This is our last full week of summer with the girls so we decided to do it up right.  We started the week with Marathon Monday which was jammed pack with fun!  We started the morning at 3:00 am when we woke the girls up and drove out to a dark area to watch the Meteor Shower that was taking place.  Regan spotted the most Meteors (she said she saw 13), Riley saw about 11 and the rest of us saw a handful.  The clouds started rolling in so our view was much less.  The girls did not last long (especially Reece) so we headed home for about 4 more hours of sleep.  Then, the girls and I woke up early to go to the lake with some friends from church.  We spent from 11:00 - 4:00 on the lake and it was great fun.  I had a blast skiing and learning to Slalom and the girls had fun swimming in the middle of the lake and jumping off the boat.  Riley tried to ski and got up for a brief moment but then fell.  The skis were too big for her and she just could not get all the way up and stay up.  I was proud of her for at least attempting it.  Unfortunately, we did not capture a picture of it because I was in the water with her helping her get started.  After the lake, we came home for about an hour and then headed off to a fun place called, Defy Gravity, with our friend's, the Stepp's.  Defy Gravity is a warehouse that has a bunch of trampolines, a foam pit, basketball area, dodge ball area and even trampolines on the side of one wall.  It was family night so we ALL jumped for an entire hour and had a blast!  We were all tired and sweaty afterwards, it is a great workout.  We ended our Marathon day with a much needed trip to the local yogurt shop.  Whew, busy day but extremely fun and we all slept good that night!!! 
I tried about 6 attempts to get up on one ski but couldn't do it.  However, my friends recommended I start on two skis and drop one.  I tried this and it worked first time.  I ended up slaloming three times and each time I just dropped a ski.  It was definitely harder than 2 skis but very exciting.
The boat is turning around and I got into rougher waters but I was able to keep standing. 
Yay, I did it!!!
The girls hanging out in the water with Mrs. Trish.
Regan loved floating out in the middle of the lake. 
This is my friend, Trish, who is my great inspiration.  She has a ton of energy, is in great shape and is about to turn 65 years old.  I hope to be just like her at 65.  Here she is slaloming, making it look soooo easy!
Riley on the boat...
Mr. Bob taking his turn at slaloming, he too is an inspiration.  He is already 65 years old and says he likes to hang out with younger people because they are more active and can do the things he likes to do.  I truly pray Tony and I are like this at 65 years old!
Mr. Bob was fun to watch - making all kinds of spray behind him.
Mr. Bob about to do a canonball to splash the girls.
Mr. Bob's splash...
Riley climbing out of the foam pit at Defy Gravity.
Regan's turn....
Even the dads were in line to do the foam pit.  Mr. Dave did not read the rules and dove head first into the pit.  Then, Jonathon (his son) tried it too.  The young worker watching was laughing because of what Dave had started but had to call them out on it, because the rules say you can't go head first.  We made fun of Dave for stirring up trouble. :)
There was an enclosed area with netting and curved trampolines where you could play an official game of Dodge Ball.  Regan and Hannah were very good at it and were playing with a ton of boys and men.  In this particular game, Hannah and Regan were two of the last people standing in the game and Regan won. 
Tony spent a lot of his time at the Dodgeball area, he enjoyed pegging people with the balls (luckily the balls were very soft).
This photo is blurry but gives you an idea of the basketball area.  There was a trampoline court and a goal way up high.  I loved this area and spent a lot of time here. 
Daddy bouncing Reece on the trampoline...
This was a fun area with trampolines on the wall. 


This video is funny....Tony did not realize the mat dropped off so quickly.

No comments: