Saturday, July 7, 2012

Victory Celebration Closing Program....

On Thursday night, July 28th, we had a Victory Celebration Closing Program for our Backyard Bible Clubs.  There was a closing skit that summed up what was learned throughout the week, and intermixed within the skit was singing of the songs learned during the week and recitations of memory verses by each age group.  We also had a slideshow and Pastor Ross shared a few words about our church.  We concluded with an ice cream bar and socializing afterwards.  It was a great way to finish off our week and to meet some of the families that were not part of our church.   
 This photo shows all the staging we had for the skit.  A very talented member of our church made all of the staging.  It was fabulous!!!
 Here I am running through the closing skit with the kids.  Who ever would have thought I would be directing skits!!??  Well... I guess I have had a lot of practice with drama, since I have 3 girls of my own and grew up in a house of 3 girls. 
 Luckily, my friend, Chris, helped me direct the skits and he is a Professor of Rhetoric so he is more skilled with this than I.  Chris is giving the kids a last few encouraging words and instructions before their final skit. 
 Prayer time...
The children had a great time singing (and dancing) for their parents. At one point, I told the younger boys up front to turn around (meaning to face their parents) and they turned around BUT kept turning around. This got a great laugh from everyone. :)

No comments: