Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Worth The Wait....

Aunt Abby and Uncle Joe started a tradition with our girls that when they turn five they get to choose a date of choice for their birthday with Uncle Joe and Aunt Abby.  Due to our busy schedules we can't always find a time right around their birthdays.  So, this year Regan got a wonderful belated date in June (June 16th).  She chose to go horseback riding with Aunt Abby and then to dinner with both Aunt Abby and Uncle Joe.  Here is Aunt Abby's recap of the date....

Instead of buying our nieces a birthday gift, Joe and I take them out somewhere special on a date. We love it! I love finding out what the girls want to do. This year I was able to take Regan horseback riding. She had been once before and loved it. I would ride a horse everyday if I had the chance, so it was a perfect fit! Joe decided to just meet up with us for dinner, so it was just the girls. I love spending one on one time with my precious nieces! It was so hot this past week, that Regan and I snuck a quick trip to the ice cream shop BEFORE dinner! She chose Panera as her dinner of choice where we met up with Joe. Such a sweet time with a sweeter niece!
 Regan with the horse she rode, "Little Man."
 All set to go....
Heading out on the trail. The fastest we went was a trot, but Regan handled it like a pro! She held on and made her horse cooperate even when it wanted to forge it's own trail! (Aunt Abby's comment)
I was told my horse, Ms. Rose, can be a little cantankerous and I would really have to make her go. I think they were talking about a different horse! I was constantly holding her back. We started out behind Regan but Ms. Rose decided to break in line! This is the best view I could get taking a picture behind me without letting Ms. Rose have too much free reign!
(Aunt Abby's comment)
Regan says, "Thanks Aunt Abby and Uncle Joe for a great birthday date!" 

No comments: