Regan with her diorama. Regan had to choose a scene from the book and make a diorama of that scene. Regan chose the scene where a boy named, Marty, was rolling around in the grass with his dog named, Shiloh. And Marty's sisters were there too. His parents were sitting on the front porch of the house watching. There was a picture of the house in the book and Regan wanted to make it exactly like the picture. She did a very good job creating the house out of boxes, foam, popsicle sticks and the glue gun - which I had to help her with that part.
I am now seeing the benefit of having so many craft supplies in my house. Regan had a great time sorting through all my supplies to figure out what to use. She used pipecleaners for the trees; popsicles, boxes and foam for the house, clay for the people, coconut dyed green for the grass, and construction paper to cover the outside and inside of the shoebox. I thought she did a fabulous job and the teacher gave her the highest grade she could receive. Good job Regan!!!



No comments:
Post a Comment