Monday, November 8, 2010

Another Year Older, NOT!!!

I had a birthday last Monday, November 1st and I am happy to say, "I am NOT a year older!"  You are probably wondering how that can be.  Well, I am about to share with you one of my "blonde moments."  I would usually be embarrassed to share my "blonde moments" but I benefit from this one so I can share it. :)  I was supposed to be 36 years old this birthday but for some reason I already thought I was 36 years old and have been telling people for quite some time that I was 36.  Tony's birthday is 2 months before mine and I thought he was going to be 37.  He then corrected me that we are only 36 years old this year.  I then said, "Oops, I have been telling people I am 36 and have been thinking that for quite some time, well at least I won't be older this year."  I am horrible at math too so knowing my birth year does not help me remember my age unless I am going to figure it out on paper and I don't have time for that.  So, now everyone knows I am NOT smarter than a 5th grader and I also did NOT age this birthday!!!!  See, I told you I benefit from this "blonde moment" or "senior moment" whatever you want to call it. :)  Anyways, I feel pretty good for a 26 year old, oops I mean 36 year old, and it was a good birthday. 

My birthday was on a Monday this year so it was not too relaxing but it was filled with love and fun.  I worked at the church during the morning with my dear friend, Robyn, and we got a lot of children's ministry stuff done.  Then, Tony and I had lunch at one of my favorite wings places, Over the Falls, while Reece hung out with her cousins and Aunt Abby.  Thank You Aunt Abby for letting Tony and I go out by ourselves for a nice lunch!  Then, I enjoyed a nice evening reading in bed with all my girls and my night ended with a wonderful surprise visit from Pastor Ross and his wife, Cathy.  They brought me an amazing chocolate cake!  It was a SWEET way to end my birthday night, literally!  Tony also bought me a cookie cake which is my favorite kind of cake so I ate on cake all week long and Halloween candy too.  Yikes, hopefully this year won't bring me anymore cavities. :) 
Here I am enjoying some sweet time with my girls reading together.  Regan actually gave me a backrub for a while too.  It was so nice. 

No comments: