Monday, February 2, 2009

I'm A Big Kid Now...

Reece is FINALLY potty trained. We tried to potty train her right after her 2 yr. old birthday but that did not last long because we took some summer trips and that threw her off. Then, I just started using pull-ups all the time and that was a mistake. So, finally after the New Year we went cold turkey and put her in big girl panties all the time except for bedtime. She mastered it quickly. We have made a BIG DEAL about her being a big girl now. That phrase is starting to haunt us now. Anytime we tell her she can't do something b/c she is not big enough yet or old enough she gets defensive and says, "I AM BIG, I am potty trained!" :) So, yesterday at the ice skating rink she really wanted to skate. I told her we needed to wait until she was a little older and she gave me the above response. We are very proud of Reece and she is growing up fast!

Another funny comment: Last night when we were watching the Super Bowl Reece came downstairs to go potty. She went all by herself and was very proud. After she was done she said very excitedly, "Daddy I went potty." And Tony jokingly said, "I go potty too." She replied, "Daddy you don't go potty, you are NOT potty training." I started laughing and then she said, "Mommy you don't go potty either, you are NOT potty training." The mind of a 2 yr. old. :) As I have said before, "NEVER A DULL MOMENT IN OUR HOUSE!"

No comments: