Riley's Second Grade has been learning about Colonial Trades. Each child was assigned a Colonial Trade and Riley got the Candlemaker. They had to come up with a speech about their trade, make visuals to show and could dress up if they wanted to. On December 9th, the Second Grade had a Colonial Trade Day and had their room set up like a Colonial Village and you could visit each of the trade shops. The parents and many classes come to visit the village. Riley did a great job as Candlemaker and explained nicely how they made candles back then.
Riley showing her visual on how they made candles.
Riley explaining the Candlemaking process to several parents.
While I was in Riley's class I saw this bulletin board filled with letters to Jesus. So, I took a photo of Riley's letter. It says, "Dear Jesus, Thank you for taking care of us and for dying for our sins. Love, Riley" I love that Riley's class wrote letters to Jesus instead of Santa!!!



No comments:
Post a Comment