Saturday, May 14, 2011

Mother's Day...

I had a wonderful Mother's Day weekend and was spoiled rotten.  My weekend started out with the church retreat and Tony was an awesome dad while I was gone.  Tony told the girls to come up with a list of things they wanted to do while mommy was gone (things they usually can't do with me).  The girls came up with simple ideas such as going to the museum, going to a park, go to Barnes and Noble, etc. all things they can do with me.  So, Tony took the girls into the bedroom (out of my earshot) and helped them come up with something.  I heard a bunch of happy screams and laughter as they were planning.  Tony told them he would take them to Walmart and they could all pick out their very own Nerf guns and they would have a Nerf gun fight in the house on Friday night.  After hearing this, the girls could not get me out of the house fast enough!  On Saturday, Tony took the girls to Nosh for breakfast and then they met Joe, Abby and their cousins at Home Depot to make a craft for me.  They made wooden tulip planters for me and then bought flowers to go in them.  They are beautiful!  Tony then took the girls to Zack's Hotdogs for lunch and they also went on a hike at one of our favorite trails.  They saw a snake on one of the rocks while hiking and Tony said if he did not stop Regan she probably would have picked it up.  She is fascinated with snakes.  They finished the day with Riley's Softball Bat-A-Thon and then I came home from my retreat and we all ate Subway together.  Sunday, I was lavished with love and all my favorites.  We went to church and then went out to lunch with the pastor's family and another couple, the Benfields, to Tyler's Restaurant.  Tyler's has very good Buffalo wings so I was very happy!  After lunch we came home for a short nap and then headed out to Duke Gardens.  We go to Duke Gardens almost every year for Mother's Day.  I enjoy all the beautiful flowers.  After Duke Gardens, we went to Panera Bread for dinner and then my family got me a yummy cookie cake with lots of icing, my favorite!  It was a great weekend!  Here are some photos of my wonderful day.  I do not have a photo of my gifts the girls gave me.  I will have to take one and post it soon.  Reece gave me a card she made at preschool which read....

"I love my Mommy because....."

....she gives me hugs.
....she gives me kisses.
....she reads me books about bunnies.
....she loves me.
....she makes me Strawberry cake.
....she takes me to the Museum of Life and Science.

I love my mommy $11.00! 

I asked Reece what this last line meant and her reply was, "my teacher asked me how much I love my mommy."  I jokingly asked her, "I am only worth $11.00 to you?"  She said, "well I was going to put $29.00 but decided on $11.00!"   Reece is priceless but I guess I am not. :)   
 Blessed to have 3 sweet girls.
 We enjoyed a sunny day at Duke Gardens.
 These flowers were amazing!  Love them!
 Regan
 Reece always into something! :)
 This was a human size birdhouse.  We are peeking out the hole of the birdhouse.  It was like playing the game of "Twister" trying to get us all in this photo.  The hole was high up so we were standing on a bench, straddling each other, and leaning forward, but look at the smiles!
 Reece was tired and was taking a break on this bench.
 This photo reminds me of my sister, Kim, who is always sticking her tongue out in photos! 
 Duke has done a lot of renovations to their gardens including this new fountain.  Trying to get a photo with my girls but they were all tired and no longer cooperating.
My yummy cookie cake - the more icing the better! 

No comments: