Sunday, July 18, 2010

4th of July 2010

We were in Georgia for 4th of July this year. Tony, Kim (my sister) and I all started our 4th of July celebration running the biggest 10K in the world, the Peachtree Road Race in downtown Atlanta. I used to run this every year during high school and college. I miss running this race and the last time I ran it was with Tony 13 years ago. So, it was so awesome to run in this race again and it brought back so many memories. This photo is in the second mile. My dad and Regan came to watch us run.Saying "hi" to Dad and Regan
Tony giving Regan a high five.

Mommy, Daddy and Regan after the race. Tony finished the race in 54:56 and I finished the race in 54:57. This did not make me happy that Tony beat me by a second. I crossed the starting line a second before him and then we crossed the finish line holding hands so that is why he beat me by a second. :( He gave me a hard time about it because we are very competitive. Oh well, at least we broke our goal of 55 minutes. We felt great and had lots of fun!
Us with our future runner. Regan loved watching the race and says she wants to run the Peachtree someday too. She also enjoyed getting free ice cream sandwiches, powerade and popsicles after the race. When we got back to Grandpa and Grandma's house from the race Regan wanted to go out in the neighborhood and begin her running. So, Tony, Regan and I went running a mile. She did great and ran the whole way. She has been running about 4 times a week ever since the Peachtree. She is loving it. We may have a little runner on our hands.

Regan, me and Aunt Kim after the race.

We celebrated 4th of July over at my parents house. We had Mama Cook and Papa Doug over and my sisters's family too. We had barbeque for dinner, did Sparklers and Snap n' Pops and then Tony put on a wonderful firework show for us. We had a grand celebration.


Jonathon and Katie

Regan throwing Snap n' Pops at Daddy.

Uncle Jeff lighting a sparkler for Riley. The girls were not too sure about this. Reece thought it was going to make noise hence the fingers in her ears. She is wearing a bike helmet because she had been riding a bike and not because she thought the Sparklers would blow up. :)
Riley ended up liking the Sparklers.
Uncle Jeff trying to light Sparklers for Katie and I.

My dear niece, Katie, and I.Mama Cook having fun with Snap n' Pops.
Reece holding a sparkler.
Tony about to throw a Snap n' Pop at his mom while she takes a photo of us.

Kim helping Jonathon throw Snap n' Pops at us. Jonathon thought this was very funny.
Katie and Riley doing sparklers together Riley has two sparklers going at once
Great photo of Regan and Aunt Kim - minus the trashcan. :)

Regan loving on Cousin Jonathon. Jonathon loves having the girls home.

Sweet cousins...
Everyone watching the fireworksMama Cook and Papa Doug decked out for the 4th of July.
Our own firework show.
The aftermath....

No comments: