Every year we try to leave our neighborhood because it is so wild. The HOA closes down the neighborhood to all thru traffic and they have guards at all the neighborhood entrances. No cars are allowed in except residents. People come from all over and park outside the neighborhood and walk in. I heard from one neighbor that they had over 300 kids come to their door. So, we do not go Trick-or-Treating in our neighborhood. Instead, we joined our dear friends, the Doucets, at their church's Trunk-or-Treat. We have done this the last 3 yrs. and our girls love it.
Sunday, November 1, 2009
Halloween 2009
This year I told the girls they had to find their Halloween Costume from something we already owned. They have so many dress up clothes so I knew that would not be hard. Riley chose to be a cowgirl (since she was dressing up as a cowgirl for her school Hoe down), Reece chose Tinkerbell and Regan chose to be a pilgrim (this was her colonial day costume from last year). They all looked very cute. Riley asked Daddy if he was going to dress up. He said he was going to be a Bald Eagle. Riley replied, "but you don't have a costume." Daddy said, "sure I do I am going to shave my head and my arms will be my wings." I said Daddy will definitely be bald and Reece thought I said "ball." So, Reece replied, "Yeah, daddy your head can be a ball, a baseball, and your body can be the baseball bat!" The things she comes up with! Daddy had fun telling the girls that I was going to dress up as a 35 yr. old. He teased me about that ALL night!
Every year we try to leave our neighborhood because it is so wild. The HOA closes down the neighborhood to all thru traffic and they have guards at all the neighborhood entrances. No cars are allowed in except residents. People come from all over and park outside the neighborhood and walk in. I heard from one neighbor that they had over 300 kids come to their door. So, we do not go Trick-or-Treating in our neighborhood. Instead, we joined our dear friends, the Doucets, at their church's Trunk-or-Treat. We have done this the last 3 yrs. and our girls love it.
Riley and Reece ready to go
Riley (Cowgirl), Reece (Tinkerbell) and Regan (Pilgrim)
Precious Tinkerbell
Pilgrim Girl
Getting ready to go Trunk-or-Treating - just the mention of candy makes them smile.
Every year we try to leave our neighborhood because it is so wild. The HOA closes down the neighborhood to all thru traffic and they have guards at all the neighborhood entrances. No cars are allowed in except residents. People come from all over and park outside the neighborhood and walk in. I heard from one neighbor that they had over 300 kids come to their door. So, we do not go Trick-or-Treating in our neighborhood. Instead, we joined our dear friends, the Doucets, at their church's Trunk-or-Treat. We have done this the last 3 yrs. and our girls love it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
The kids all look great. It looks like you all had a great weekend! (Colonial Day came in handy for us this halloween as well!)
I hope that you had a great birthday. 35 is young!!! (and besides you look in your 20's!)
p.s.- I like your couches.. I hadn't seen them yet!
Post a Comment