Saturday, September 12, 2009

Reece Starts School....

Reece started preschool this week at St. Luke's Preschool. Wednesday, Sept. 9 we had "Meet the Teacher Day." Tony and I went with Reece to meet her teachers, Mrs. Sharon and Mrs. Stathelson. Reece ended up being very shy and apprehensive that day. She stayed very close to Tony and I. I think Reece envisioned being in the same classroom and having the same teachers as Riley had last year. So, when we got there and she realized we were going to a different room, with different teachers, and no children she knew she was not happy. I was worried about how the first day of school on Thursday would go but she did great. She was very excited and did not even want to hug me goodbye or even pose for a photo. She walked straight into her room and did not turn back. Her teacher said she had a great first day. When Reece woke up Friday she said, "Am I going to school today?!" She was not happy to hear that she had to wait until Monday. Reece playing with playdough at "Meet the Teacher Day."
Reece likes this cash register

This is Reece's favorite place in the classroom - the class kitchen. The teacher said she spent all of playtime the first day of school in the kitchen.

Reece with one of her classmates, Kate, on the giant slide

St. Luke's has new glider swings - very neat.

Reece's first day of preschoolReece is very excited to finally start school!

Off we go to school...

Reece in front of her class - she was ready to go play and did not want to pose for a photo. I did not even get a goodbye hug because she was off and running for the classroom kitchen. I guess this is a good problem to have since she was apprehensive at "Meet the Teacher Day."

No comments: