I wanted to post some funny moments before I forget them....
1. While on our day trip to the beach we had some cookies and Pringles for snack. Reece kept asking for "Cookies and Sprinkles." We told her we did not have cookies with sprinkles. She kept saying it and we finally figured out she was asking for cookies and Pringles. :)
2. Reece was upstairs the other day playing with blocks and Tony overheard Reece telling her sisters that she was building a ladder up to space so she could see God, Jesus and Mary in Heaven.
3. Reece told me in the van today, "Mommy when I close my eyes when it is raining I see Jesus." Then, Riley replied, "When I close my eyes I see.....(thinking about her answer) and Regan piped in and said, "darkness."
4. Reece told me the other day that she wished it would rain a bunch and make a huge puddle with no waves and no crabs and she could swim in it and it would have walls around it so the water would not get out. I asked, "you mean you wish you could swim in a pool and not the ocean?" And she said, "Yes, a pool!!!!" A creative way to explain her thoughts. Not a good thing since we are going to the ocean next week and we will not have access to a pool. :) Hopefully, she will warm up to the waves.
5. On another note, Riley is swimming now. We went to the pool on Monday with my parents and Riley swam halfway across the pool without stopping to touch the bottom. She had the breathing down and everything. I was shocked b/c she has not been able to breathe but all of the sudden she is doing it. She did great! Regan is doing well too but we just need her to get over her fear of deep water. She only has one more swim lesson. I think she will get it soon on her own. Reece is also doing well in the water. She has NO fear. She will not wear her puddle jumper anymore and is practically swimming. She goes under water for long periods and loves to do the dead man's float. She scares me (and I think the lifeguards) half to death. The lifeguards are always watching us closely. But, she always comes up happy and smiling and no choking. She is our little fish.
6. Riley can now do a front handspring and then can kick back over once she has landed (which I guess you would call a back handspring - somewhat). I will have to videotape it soon and post on here. She was showing off for my parents and surprised us all when she kicked back over.
7. Regan is doing very well with her reading - nothing new- but her new thing is trying to see how long of a book she can read. I think her record right now is 394 pages. She was disappointed when she found out the next book in the series she was reading only had 340 something pages. And the amazing thing is she reads these books in 2-3 days. She is putting me to shame. It would take me weeks/months to read a book that long unless it is a Lori Wick book. Then, I definitely could read it in a few days.
Wednesday, August 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment